3

Kindergarten...WHAT????

Posted by Krape Family on 12:01 PM
Okay, I am not sure who is and who isn't aware of the ridiculous pressure put on mothers to register their kids for kindergarten. And not just to register them for a class, but the RIGHT school, the RIGHT teacher, the RIGHT track. And I hear that if I don't, he will be so far behind, that he might not get into college. WHAT???
I have had Tyson on wait lists at the local charter schools for years and they tell me, it will still be years before he gets in. WHAT???
The local private schools are like paying for college...no joke, I am talking $3,600+ a year just for one child. Add in Maddox in two years and that is $7,500 plus. WHAT???
This leaves the public school down the street. Which would be perfectly fine. My neighbors love it...except for the whole track thing. WHAT???
See, registration is in twelve days, at the school, starting at 8am. No big deal, right?
Oh no. The school informs me that there are four kindergarten classes and whichever class he gets will "feed" into the track that I want. There is A, B, C and D. They all have different schedules, different days on and off. Our problem is that, our family vacation is always in July and there is only ONE track that gets July off. And did you know it is the most popular track??? Of course it is.  So, the school recommended to me that I get to the school early to make sure I get in the class that feeds the track I want. Okay, easy enough, I will get up and be there at 7am for registration at 8. 
THEN, I start asking around. What time are you going? What have you heard? Blah, blah. Mothers told me their stories of getting up and waiting in the parking lot starting at 3 AM. WHAT???
My mother told me she never stressed this much over flippin' kindergarten. The stress put on mothers these days is ridiculous. But, of course, I will be there at 7am, hoping for the best.

3 Comments


And so it begins. I will try and try to keep my mouth shut here and I do wish you the BEST of luck no matter what time you get up...

Have you considered open enrollment at Dry Creek or Homestead? They are traditional and fantastic free schools.

Look at me, I can't keep me my mouth shut long enough to hit publish.


You need to relax! You are creating way more stress for yourself and your family that you need to. I don't know where you are hearing this crazy information but you need to stop listening! If you don't get the track you want then put in a change request and you will probably get it the next year. The track system can be great for you. It is awesome to travel to places like Disney World at an off time and not have to stand in out of control lines when it is a 100 degrees.

There is no sense spending thousands of dollars on kindergarten, for goodness sakes.


Ha!! I was just informed that this starts for PRE-SCHOOL in my area. ARE YA FREAKING KIDDING!! Someone told me to get there at 3 a.m., put a sign on the door to hold my place and then sleep in my car! WTF!

Copyright © 2009 Family All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.