2

Wallpaper Update

Posted by Krape Family on 8:25 PM
Thank you for all your phone calls, emails, comments and suggestions on how to solve my problem (see Wallpaper Arghhhhggg a few post below below). Before I tell you what finally worked, let me just give you a glimpse of what I was dealing with. 
This is the nightmare wallpaper boarder. The first layer (the picture part) came off no problem. Then underneath lies a layer of paper that has the glue on it. Well it must not have been sticking or something when they (the previous owners) put it up, because under the paper was another layer of glue, that I swear, was like peeling tiny pieces of plastic or nail polish off the wall.
So I began my journey at Home Depot equipping myself with the right tools and one large bottle of some liquid stuff called DIF (sorry I don't have a picture). It came highly recommended by the saleswoman and right on the bottle it said, and I quote, "the only thing that really works". What a joke. All it did was make the paper wet but didn't do anything to help release the glue from the wall. I ended up with tons of tiny pieces of the paper all over the place. Hence my post begging for help.
Ahhhhhhh...friends to the rescue!!!!!
My friend Sara told me to try filling a small spray bottle with warm water and a tablespoon of white vinegar. At first, I was like "really, that's it...vinegar and water" but at that point, I was trying everything and to my wonderful surprise IT WORKED!!!!
Woo Hoo. Thanks Sara!!

2 Comments


WAY TO GO SARA! I could use a friend like her! I am glad you got it down, it looked awful.


Thanks for sharing this tip. I am so going to try this when I tear down my kitchen wallpaper someday soon. I have tried that stuff from the store before and while it does work it a little bit, it takes forever!

Copyright © 2009 Family All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.